Woodworkers everywhere are well-aware of the name “Bosch,” and they certainly should be. Bosch is a tool company with a long-standing reputation for producing quality equipment that helps make your job as a craftsman easier. Their reputation for quality is exactly why we will be looking to them today to see if their portable Bosch 4100-09
The Bosch 4100-09 portable table saw is a great saw and is easily affordable if you know where to look. Currently, Amazon has the Bosch 4100-09 at 56% off of the list price! If you’re ready to buy I’d go there now and get this low price while it’s being offered, I don’t know how long this will last.
The other great thing about it comes with a one-year limited warranty, one-year free service, and 30-day money-back guarantee as well as being offered by Amazon, the most trusted site for online purchasing.
The 4100-09 table saw is manufactured by The Bosch Group. A gravity rise stand is easy to set-up and takedown and a digital rip scale lets you make cuts that are precise to 1/32 of an inch.
The 4100-09 also makes safety a high priority with a modular smart guard system that allows you to make tool-free, independent adjustments for whatever task you’re performing.
The power of this saw comes from a 15-amp motor that utilizes constant response electronics for consistent power no matter what the job demands.
If you have experience with woodworking and heavy tools in general, you know that there is a big premium on portability. That said, while portability is great, so is durability, stability, and power. Does the Bosch 4100-09 have it all? Let’s find out!
Searching for the best table saw for your money but aren’t quite sure what you need? We’ve got you covered with our table saw buying guide.
Table of Contents
Features Of BOSCH 4100-09
- Gravity-Rise Stand – The 4100-09 features an adjustable stand that adds to its portable design. To get set up in minutes, simply twist the lever up. When you’re finished, it’s just as easy to twist the lever down. And the stand can be stored easily and separately from the table saw. The stand adds a level of portability with eight-inch treaded pneumatic wheel that are designed to travel easily over rugged terrain.
- Digital Rip Fence – This Bosch exclusive feature helps to shorten your setup time and because of its remarkable precision, you’ll have less waste. The fence attaches to the SquareLock rip fence with magnets to form a tight seal. Once it’s in place, the device can be moved with one hand. And it locks into place for consistent cuts. Measurements are shown on an LCD display and are accurate to within 1/32 of an inch.
- Choose the Level of Precision You Need – For those times when you need maximum precision, the digital display can show you measurements that are accurate to within 1/32 of an inch. You can also choose to view increments of 1/16- or 1/8-inch. And you can change the display settings to show metric increments and decimal inches.
- Three Modular Components – One Exceptional Guard System – Guard systems are becoming the norm in portable saws and Bosch has one of the finest in the industry. The Smart Guard system is completely modular – and you can remove each component individually
- Blade guard with innovative split-guarding feature – in addition to the way it provides maximum protection, one of the pleasures of using this blade guard is you get a clear line-of-sight.
- Riving knife: Set it in one of three positions: full upright, “splitting” and “non-thru” cutting – and see why this riving knife is considered to be one of the finest in the industry.
- Kickback prowls: some woodworkers love them, some don’t like them, but they do provide additional kickback protection. The kickback prowls can be attached to the riving knife.
- Highly Portable – Grab the durable sub-base by the handles and you’re on your way. This feature makes it easy to take this saw with you and to maneuver it, as needed, around the job site.
- 25-Inch Rip Capacity – take full advantage of the 29 x 21 1/2” square surface area.
- Consistent, Accurate Cuts –The Square Lock Rip Fence features auxiliary fence slots and single-point bezel movement to help you get the precise cuts you need the first time, every time.
- Manage the power of Every Load – With a maximum of 4 HP and 3,650 RPM, this is one of the most powerful 15-amp, 10-inch table saws you can find. Additional features of the motor include constant-response electronics and a soft-start feature.
- Change Blades Easily and Safely – To shift from ripping plywood sheets to cutting dados is easy with the locking feature on the arbor. The 5/8-inch arbor accepts the same size blades.
- Peace of Mind – A one-year warranty is your assurance of the quality that Bosch puts behind every saw.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- 10 Inch Table Saw
- Gravity-Rise Table Stand
- Carbide-Tipped Blade
- Rip Fence
- Miter Gauge
- Smart Guard System
- Push Stick
This is a pretty standard package in the world of table saws. Nothing really worth mentioning which is actually exactly what you want.
SPECIFICATIONS OF BOSCH 4100-09
- Amperage: 15
- Arbor Size: 5/8th inch
- Bevel Angle Range: -2 to 47 degrees
- Max Cut Depth at 45 Degrees: 2-1/2 Inches
- Max Cut Depth at 90 Degrees: 3-1/8th Inches
- Weight: 60 Pounds
What I really liked about the Bosch 4100-09:
- Incorporates the enhanced award-winning Bosch gravity rise stand
- Operates more quietly than similar table saws
- Comes with integrated carry handles increase portability
- The single point bevel movement provides consistent accuracy
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Durable Sub-Base increases tool life
- Squarelock rip fence gives maximum trueness
Bosch have thought of everything with their 4100-09 10-Inch worksite table saw with gravity rise stand. Right from the initial set up it is geared to making things easy for the user, whether it be a home DIY enthusiast or on a professional work site. For set up, it is recommended to use the assembly instructions on the Bosch website since these go into more detail than those in the box. The packaging is very good as it uses thick styrofoam. Everything is kept secure and wrapped in plastic. Once it is out of the box, no adjustment should be necessary and you will be ready to make your first cuts straight away.
PROS & CONS
Now that you have all of the preliminary information that you need about the Bosch 4100-09, let’s look a little deeper as we now examine some of this product’s pros and cons.
At sixty pounds, this tool could be lifted without much of a hassle, but at the same time, that weight is nothing to sneeze at. After a long day on the job site, you may very well not be feeling up to it. With the wheeled stand, that isn’t much of an issue. The tires are designed to handle all terrains so that you won’t need to worry about damaging them. The Bosch 4100-09 makes wheeling your saw to and from job sites easy.
SquareLock Rip Fence
The Square Lock rip fence is equipped with auxiliary fence slots and a t-slot miter gauge that have all been optimized to be as accurate as possible.
What does this mean? Well, more accuracy means less waste. Waste is an unfortunate side effect of woodwork that can be costly and bad for the environment, but the rip fence is able to reduce it which is a big plus.
The tabletop boasts dimensions of 29 x 21 ½ inches which equates to a rip capacity of 25 inches. The ample work space means that despite the mobility of this unit, you aren’t going to have any trouble working through larger materials which is always a concern with portable table saws of this kind.
The Bosch 4100-09 comes equipped with a 4.0 horsepower motor that delivers a cut capacity of 3650 RPM. Of course, you no doubt understand the importance of a good, reliable motor. The more horsepower you have, the easier it will be to cut through sheet goods and large stock, which is certainly an important quality for any table saw to have, perhaps especially a worksite model.
It’s a little bit ironic: Stationary table saws are usually about as durable as a tool can get, and yet they enjoy a setting in which there are relatively few perils around to do them harm. Job site table saws, on the other hand, encounter endless variables that could very well result in damage, and even still, they often enough aren’t nearly as sturdy as their stationary equivalents.
The reason for this discrepancy is, of course, obvious. In order for something to be portable, it needs to be lightweight and to make something lightweight the most durable materials aren’t always chosen.Here you are getting a reliable aluminum frame that will keep this unit lightweight while still providing it all the fortification it needs to stand up to the typical wear and tear of the job site.
The power cord featured on this model is a little bit on the short side. This isn’t necessarily a huge problem as it can be solved easily enough with an extension cord but it can also be something of a drag if you don’t have one handy, or simply don’t want to have to bust one out every time you work.
Small Miter Gauge
Some people find that the miter gauge runs a little bit on the small side. My personal opinion is that that is one of the trade-offs of buying an extremely portable table saw. I’ve already listed the actual quality of the accessories as big pros that help in the cutting proficiency. I stand by that. You’re still getting a good miter gauge here even if it isn’t quite as large as some woodworkers would hope it to be.
It’s certainly always nice to have a good warranty for anything really, but especially for big purchases like a power tool. You’re getting that here. Is it as exciting as a wheeled stand, ample work space, or a strong motor? No, it definitely isn’t but it could potentially end up being just as handy.
Needless to say, you don’t want anything to go wrong but in the event that it does it is always good to know that you are covered.
My final verdict is that the Bosch 4100-09 is an extremely impressive piece of equipment that will be a perfect addition to the tool collection of any woodworker that often finds themselves on the go.
Not only is the Bosch a really good piece of equipment in its own right, I think that it also stands up well to similar products in its category. A lot of the time you will find that lightweight portability comes at the cost of stability but that really isn’t the case here. The wheels are also a nice addition that will be really useful to people that will need to take the saw to a lot of different job sites.
If you are looking for a durable table saw that is as powerful as it is portable this may very well be a good option for you.