If you are in the market for a jigsaw, you will find there are a lot on the market to choose from. A jigsaw is a remarkably versatile tool for cutting random curves and customizes shapes in wood.
Almost like a band saw and scroll saw in one power tool, the jigsaw is a great tool to have in any woodworker’s shop. Here are some reviews of top selling jigsaws, plus a few things to look for when looking for the best corded jigsaw on the market.
What Is The Best Corded Jigsaw?
When you are looking to purchase a budget jigsaw, how do you know you are getting the best corded jigsaw for the money?
Jigsaws can be used in a variety of different ways. It also can be used with a lot of different types of materials including wood, plastic, ceramic tiles and metal. Plus, it can do the job of other tools like circular saws, band saws and scroll saws.
If you are interested in using your jigsaw for different types of projects, you will need to know which product is the best rated jigsaw for the jobs you want to do.
Here are some tips to help you know which jigsaw to buy.
Best Corded Jigsaw Buying Guides
A jigsaw will either come with a cord or without. It’s more convenient to have a jigsaw without the cord as it can tend to get in the way.
However, a jigsaw with a cord is more powerful and will cut through more than wood. Corded jigsaw motors range in amps from 3.5 to 7.
• Variable Speed – This is an important option for a jigsaw as it allows you to change the speed of the blade depending on the material you are cutting.
• Orbital Action – A jigsaw blade will normally move up and down in a straight line. When it has orbital action, it can also move from front to back which makes cutting through wood faster than if you only have the up and down motion.
• Adjustable Foot – This is the metal plate found at the bottom of the saw that allows it to pivot between 0 and 45 degrees so that you can cut angle cuts into the wood.
• Vacuum or Blower – A blower is a nice feature to have so that you can follow a clean line with your jigsaw and you don’t have wood particles covering it.
• Blade Changing – Tool free blade changing systems are a great feature to have so there is less hassle when you need to change out your blade.
• Blade Support – This is a little roller on the back of your blade that reinforces the blade and cuts down on the flex in the blade making your cuts straighter and gives your blade a longer life.
It is very important to have the right blade for the material you are cutting. It won’t matter how awesome your jigsaw is if your blade can’t cut the material you are working with.
Blades are categorized by the teeth per inch or TPI. The higher the TPI that a blade has, the smoother your cut will be. The lower the TPI, the faster your cut will be.
The type of material the blade is made from will also affect its performance.
• High Speed Steel – This blade is used for cutting both wood and light
• Bi-Metal – This blade is also used for cutting wood and light metal
• Cobalt Steel – This is a tougher blade that will last longer and is used for cutting wood and metal
• Carbide Grit – This blade is only used for cutting masonry board
• Scrolling – This is a thinner blade that is used for tight turning cuts
The Best Corded Jigsaw In The Market
Here’s a brief summary of the top jigsaws on the market today. We’ll follow up with detailed corded jigsaw reviews to make your decision easier.
Black and Decker BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp Jig Saw
The Black and Decker BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp Jigsaw features it’s unique Curve Control Technology that allows you to adjust the saw’s orbit to a customized setting. It is also capable of making 45 degree bevel cuts, is capable of 45 degree bevel cuts, and features a new and improved Wire Guard with enhanced clear line of sight for improved precision.
DeWalt DW317K 5.5 Amp Top Handle Jig Saw Kit
The DeWalt DW317K 5.5 Amp Top Handle Jig Saw Kit is an easy-to-control saw that is ideal for all types of cuts. It has variable-speed control, a shoe that bevels, and a four-position orbital action lever.
Porter-Cable PC600JS 6 Amp Orbital Jig Saw
Like the DeWalt, the Porter-Cable PC600JS 6 Amp Orbital Jig Saw also has a four-position orbital action lever and a seven-position speed dial for versatility and optimal cutting performance. It also has a soft grip handle and front grip area that gives you better control and comfort when you are using it.
Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle Jigsaw
Unlike the other jigsaw, the Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle Jigsaw has an industrial design that can withstand the harshest job sites. It is also perfect for either a professional or a do-it-yourselfer with its accuracy and precision.
SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw
The SKIL 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw comes with a built-in laser guide that helps to create exact straight lines and a four-position orbital cut control that gives you fast and smooth cuts. It gives you both power and precision for all your woodworking projects and comes with a unique stable foot design that allows you more control when you are starting a cut.
Top 5 Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews 2022
1. Black and Decker BDEJS600C 5.0 Amp Jig Saw
The Black & Decker BDEJS600C 5.0amp Smart Select Jig Saw offers its unique Curve Control technology that allows you to change the saw’s orbit to one of four customized settings.
It also has 5 Amp variable-speed motor which can generate up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power. The Black & Decker is capable of making bevel cuts up to 45 degrees and offers a stable cutting platform. It features a Wire Guard that is new and improved providing a clear line of sight so you can make precise cuts.
Features include the following:
- Unique Curve Control technology with an adjustable saw’s orbit that includes one of four customized settings
- A 5 Amp variable-speed motor that generates up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power
- Capable of making 45 degree bevel cuts
- Includes an adjustable shoe for stability
- Wire Guard is new and improved with a clear line of sight for precise cutting
- It’s as powerful as a commercial saw
- Inserting blades is quick and easy
- It has a large dial adjustment for the blade that makes it easier to use than other jigsaws
- If you lose the small pin in the quick clamp, you can’t replace it so the saw is useless
- Engine smokes then dies, doesn’t last long
- Doesn’t make straight cuts
2. DeWalt DW317K 5.5 Amp Top Handle Jigsaw Kit
The DeWalt DW317K compact jigsaw kit is an easy-to-control saw that is perfect for curved cuts, detailed work, and cuts that involve real precision. The DeWalt jigsaw has variable-speed control that lets you make fast and precise adjustments while using speeds that range from 0 strokes per minute to 3,100 strokes per minute.
The ability to change your speed gives you better performance, improved control, and cleaner results. Plus, you get a 1-inch stroke length, and its reliable 5.5 amp motor gives you the right power for tough applications.
The four-position orbital action gives you faster and more forceful cuts. The shoe makes accurate bevel cuts and it is easy to setup for angles that range from 0 degrees to 45 degrees.
The DeWalt DW317K only weighs 6.2 pounds while retaining its comfort and dependability. It also has a comfortable grip making it easy to work longer and create more precise work. It has an easy to change blade making it simple to change blades for different cuts.
It also comes with the DeWalt warranty that includes a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money back guarantee.
Features include the following:
- Keyless blade clamp offers a fast blade change that doesn’t require touching the blade or reciprocating shaft
- A 5.5 Amp motor that provides powerful cuts in the heaviest materials
- Variable speed provides 0 – 3,100 strokes per minute for optimal cutting speed
- A 4-position orbital action let you make quick and forceful cuts in all types of materials
- Shoe bevels 0 degree to 45 degree for beveled cuts
- Great saw with good power and easy to control at a fair price
- Blades quickly pop in and out for easy changing
- It cuts straight if you know how to use it
- Doesn’t cut straight, it tends to wander all over
- The saw’s shoe base vibrates out of adjustment which is a problem because it has no notches or indentations for present angles
- The saw base has a huge slotted bolt head making it difficult to tighten and loosen
3. Porter-Cable PC600JS 6 Amp Orbital Jig Saw
The Porter Cable PC60015 comes with an orbital lever with four positions and a speed dial with seven positions that provides versatility and optimal cutting performance. It has a 6.0-Amp heavy-duty motor that can handle tough applications and has variable speeds from 0-3200 strokes per minute (SPM) that optimizes your cuts with different materials and a variety of applications.
The Porter Cable PC60015 is perfect for scrollwork, cutting plywood, art projects, sink cutouts, and shelving. The PC600JS has an easy tool-free bevel adjustment from 0 to 45 degrees and four orbital settings that allow you to change the cutting performance to match the material you are using. It also comes with a shoe cover that protects the shoe when it is not in use and protects softer surfaces when you are cutting.
The PC60015 also comes with a soft grip handle for better comfort and front grip area for great control of the jigsaw. It also has a lock-on button that lets you control the jigsaw better during extended use. Other features include keyless blade change and an LED light for a well-lit cutting surface.
This jig saw comes with a three-year limited warranty that covers any defects that are due to faulty materials or workmanship. It is also covered by Porter-Cable’s one-year free service contract that will replace worn parts caused by normal use–for free.
Features include the following:
- 6.0-Amp heavy-duty motor can handle tough jobs
- Variable speeds from 0-3200 SPM that allows you optimal cutting for different projects
- Keyless blade change making replacing the blade quick and easy
- 4-position orbital lever gives you the best cutting performance in different materials
- The position of hte speed control is right near your thumb where it’s easy to use
- Has the most precise and stable cutting jig of jigsaws on the market
- Has a light that illuminates the line and air flow that blows away the saw dust
- The red blade/release mechanism on the front of the saw is made of cheap, flimsy rubberized plastic which permanently bends and cannot be fixed
- Blade support mechanism fell apart after only a few uses.
4. Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0 Amp Top Handle Jigsaw
The Bosch JS470E Jig Saw has a hearty cast aluminum footplate and an industrial design that can withstand the harshest job site condition. This saw is perfect for a do-it-yourselfer or a professional with its precision and accuracy. It comes with a 7.0 AMP motor and the no load SMP ranges from 500 up to 3,100 and has up to 60 hertz.
The Bosch’s wood cutting capability is up to 5-7/8-inches, on aluminum up to 7/8-inch, and 3/8-inch on mild steel and it has a maximum bevel cut angle of 45 degrees.it comes with the Bosch’s Constant Response Circuitry that prevents inconsistencies in your precision and performance. It also comes with four different orbital-action settings that let you find the correct blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts.
The Bosch jigsaw also offers a tool-less blade ejection lever that keeps you from having to touch hot blades. It also has a plunging system that is created for low-vibrations that increase accuracy and allow for smooth operations. It has an ambidextrous lock-on button that provides long steady cuts and user comfort. An adjustable dust blower keeps the cutting line clean and it has a big, sturdy die-cast foot that comes with a steel insert.
Features include the following:
- Tool-less blade-change system with quick insertion and a blade ejection lever eliminates the need to touch a hot blade
- Four orbital-action settings that provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts
- Accelerator trigger controls operating speed and dial sets maximum speed
- Comes with a large, sturdy die-cast foot with a steel insert and on-board bevel wrench with a secure clamping system
- Precision-machined plunging system and low-vibration design increases accuracy
- The jigsaw is hefty and feels solid in your hand
- Can give you a lot of different cuts for different projects
- The angle of the handle is perfect and doesn’t fatigue your hand with lots of use
- The blade overcuts
- The saw is fragile, be careful of pulling anything on it too hard
- Blade will stay in-line, veers off to the side
5. Skil 4495-02 6.0 Amp Orbital Action Laser Jigsaw
The Skil 4495-02 gives you power and precision for your woodworking projects. It has a 4-position orbital cut control that lets you set the type of cut that you desired. It also comes with a built-in laser guide for your cut and a unique stable foot design that gives you more control when you are starting a cut.
Features include the following:
- A built-in laser guide for perfect straight cuts
- A 4-position orbital cut control for quick and smooth cuts
- Variable speed trigger that adjusts your speed to the type of cut
- A custom molded tool rest that is designed to stop the blade from damaging material
- Includes an ergonomic handle that provides comfort and control
- Great little saw; easy to set up, easy to use, easy to store
- Has ton of useful features
- Easy to follow the beam and stay on course, even in and around hard to see angles and curves
- The base plate lock is dysfunctional
- The foot plate bevel mechanism is flimsy, hard to adjust, and will not lock in place securely
- Saw doesn’t cut a straight line
What is the Best Corded Jigsaw to Buy?
The winner of the Best Corded Jigsaw Roundup is the Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle Jigsaw. The Bosch JS470E Jigsaw has an industrial design that can work on tough job sites.
It’s great for both professionals and do-it-yourselfers and comes with four different orbital-action settings so you can get smooth to aggressive cuts. It also comes with a tool-less blade ejection lever making blade changes easy and painless, and an ambidextrous lock-on button that provides long steady cuts and user comfort.
The winner of the Best Corded Jigsaw Roundup is the Bosch Jigsaw, hands down.