The DEWALT DW744X is a portable table saw that features a rolling stand for easy transport. It’s ideal for contractors who need a powerful table saw that is mobile enough to take with them when working on site.
It’s also a great option for the do-it-yourselfer who wants to take their woodworking to another level. The 15-amp motor provides the torque needed to cut cleanly through hardwoods and pressure-treated lumber.
This table saw also features DEWALT’s exclusive telescoping rack-and-pinion fence system that extends to provide a large 24 ½-inch rip capacity. And with the rolling stand, the entire saw weighs in at 58 pounds making it easy to take where you need it to go.
Features Of DEWALT DW744X
An exclusive DEWALT feature is the Site-Pro Modular Guarding System. When you need to adjust guard components to prep for a new application, you can make those adjustments without the need for special tools.
Accepts a 13/16-Inch Dado Blade
The ability to make these precise cuts is a welcome benefit when you need to handle finishing details.
24 ½-Inch Rip Capacity
The telescoping rack-and-pinion fence system allows the rails to make full use of the 26-1/2″ X 19-1/4″ table surface. You can position large boards quickly and with pinpoint accuracy. The DW744x also cuts to a 3 1/8” depth at 90 degrees and a 2 ¼” depth at 45 degrees.
15-Amp Soft-Start Motor
Delivers a sizable amount of power with a no-load speed of 3,650 rpm. The Soft Start feature reduces torque on startup, which not only makes the table saw safer to operate, but helps to extends gear and motor life.
You can connect the DW744x to your shop vac to keep a cleaner, and possibly healthier, work area.
Everything You Need to Get Started
Out of the box you get 10”, 24-tooth carbide blades, the rolling stand, a push stick, and a miter gauge.
Exceptional Warranty Protection
The DEWALT DW744x has a three-year limited warranty, a one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
Optional Attachments (purchased separately):
Side and Outfeed Support
an all-metal support system that features sliding rods that can support large, awkward pieces so you can get a precise cut.
Dado Throat Plate
This easy to install plate permits you to house a stack of dado cutters for different applications.
Dewalt Dw744x Review
There is no doubt that when you want to do a good job you need to have the right tools to do it. I’ve seen so many people struggling with cheap tools that might have saved them money when they bought them but end up costing much more in terms of lost time and bad results.
When looking for something like a table saw I believe it’s essential to look at the trusted brands such as Dewalt, Bosch, and Rigid, to name just three. The product I’m reviewing here is a Dewalt offering and one that I believe provides the perfect balance between price and performance.
The best features of the Dewalt 744X:
- Delivers the power you need for tough jobs
- Blade spins at a no-load speed of 3,650 rpm for quick, clean cuts
- It’s lighter than the model with the rolling stand
- Rack and pinion fence rails make fence adjustments fast, smooth, and accurate
- Internal motor mechanism that stabilizes the arbor and keeps vibration to a minimum
- Features a 15-amp, high-torque motor with the power to cut pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods
More than Enough Power for Your Needs
The Dewalt 774X can make jobs like cutting pressure-treated lumber and hardwood seem easy due to its high-torque 15A motor.
In addition to its power, it also helps to get the job done quickly thanks to the 3,650 rpm no-load speed of its 10-inch saw blade. Once you start cutting the 744X ensures that you get a consistent blade speed due to its unique electronic feedback circuitry, which speeds up or slows down the blade as you work.
Accuracy is one of the things you are looking for from a job-site saw and as you would expect from Dewalt this table saw’s rack and pinion fence rails allows you to make fence adjustments smoothly and quickly. It is also able to keep vibrations down by using a heavy-duty mechanism on its internal motor that provides stabilization for the arbor.
This saw is ideal for large and small jobs alike, coming as it does with a massive 24 1/2-inch rip capacity. It is still very portable though because of the telescopic design of the fence, which makes the saw very compact when it is retracted when not in use.
There are many other features which help to make this table saw one of the most popular in its class. It’s easy to snap the blade guard on and off, the design allows you to make effortless adjustments and you don’t get unevenness that you often get from fences on other saws since it has a dual-track.
5 Reasons Why You Should Consider Buying this Saw
Let’s have a look at 5 specific reasons why you would want to purchase this particular table saw.
1. One of the things that stands-out considering the price is the fact that this table saw comes with a stand. If you have ever used a table saw without a stand you will know how difficult it can be to use in situations where there isn’t a bench or sturdy table to place it on.
2. The Dewalt 744X is portable in every sense of the word. Although it doesn’t have a rolling stand, its lower weight means it’s easier to move around. The fact that you can carry the saw and its stand separately allows you to easily load it on or off a truck.
3. It is very easy to lower and raise the saw blade and the 24-inch rip capacity allows you to cut plywood in half with ease and get a nice straight edge.
4. Value for money is probably the one term that I would use to describe this product. Considering all its features I would actually consider it a bargain, especially when comparing it to models such as the 2703 from more Makita which is actually more expensive.
5. Finally, if you have ever owned a Dewalt product, whether it was a table saw, compressor, drill, or something else, you will know that they are built to last.
Great Time Saver
The compact, portable design of the Dewalt 744X makes it easy to move to the next job and get down to work with minimum time and effort. The 744X table saw weighs just and 58 pounds and on-board storage of guard components and the push stick provides additional convenience.
The Dewalt CW744X Will Run Forever
You don’t need to take my word for it. I have seen many stories around detailing the personal experiences of many users who make use of their saw for 40 plus hours week after week. Lifetimes of over 10 year’s heavy use are commonplace. This table saw will pay for itself.
The 24 ½-inch rip capacity gives this DEWALT table saw a big advantage over competitive models. You can get this kind of capacity because of the telescoping fence that features easy-to-adjust, rack-and-pinion rails for smooth, accurate adjustments.
Although the design of the saw is portable, be advised that light is a relative term and some owners have found this to be a bit heavier than other portable saws. That said the rolling stand does add a level of convenience that is lacking in similar models. And because the stand folds down it’s easy to store in a garage or workshop.
Another area you’ll want to look at is the calibration. More experienced owners have remarked of needing to make slight adjustments, but all of have said the design of the DEWALT DW744x allows those adjustments to be made.
Finally, the 24½-inch rip capacity while impressive may be larger than what you need, particularly if you already own a cabinet saw. If you’re looking for a portable table saw with similar power and a smaller rip capacity, the DEWALT DW745 is an exceptional choice.